These are some initial landscape shots with the 5dmk3
What I have noticed so far :
- Image IQ is fantastic even pushing up to 3200 for landscapes
- Ergonomics is good with the exception of the zoom and info buttons - after years of knowing where to press for those two buttons, why did canon have to move them ???
- AF 61 point- they all seem responsive and are really easy to navigate meaning that I will actually use them instead of centre point focussing and recomposing which I had to do with the mk2.
- High iso - canon's noise reduction for jpegs is might impressive but the noise on the RAWs is not quite as impressive as the billions of jpegs posted online at 12800 for instance.
- Weather sealing - I am unlikely to ever directly test this but with a trip to NZ coming, I'm sure it will be tested.
- Video ; tremendous lowlight performance! video is very usable at 1600-3200 iso so far
- vsD800E ; I still secretly wish I had gone with Nikon from time to time but I am overall very happy with the mk3 :)
You can share this photo in two ways…
Share this link:
Send it with your computer's email program: Email this